We have ongoing volunteer opportunities at Learn for Life Enterprise. In return for volunteering you get the satisfaction of changing someone’s life for the better and helping your community. In addition, volunteering can be a great way to: meet new people, learn new skills and gain useful experience. There is something for everyone, have a look at our list of opportunities below and fill in the form at the bottom of the page to express an interest.
- ESOL tutor: A great opportunity to gain and strengthen your teaching experience. You will plan and deliver learning activities to give people the confidence to communicate in English. Previous teaching experience required
- ESOL classroom assistant: A great opportunity to support people learning English and to gain experience of an ESOL classroom.
- Functional Skills English teacher: A great opportunity to support people to gain their Level 1 and 2 Functional Skills so they can go on to college and university. Previous teaching experience required.
- IELTS tutor: Help refugees, asylum seekers and migrants to get to University by planning and delivering IELTs sessions Previous teaching experience required
- Maths tutor: Help people to progress onto further education and improve their Maths
- IT Assistant / Tutor: Help beginners learn how to use a computer and access the internet
- Foreign Language teacher: A great opportunity to pass on your language skills to others. Languages we are currently recruiting for: Somali, Turkish, French.
- Guitar tutor: Do you enjoy playing guitar? Share your passion by teaching beginners how to play in one to one or small groups.
- Drum tutor: Do you enjoy playing drums? Share your passion by teaching beginners how to play in one to one or small groups.
- Piano / Keyboard tutor: Do you enjoy playing piano or keyboard? Share your passion by teaching beginners how to play in one to one or small groups.
- Arts and Crafts teacher: Do you enjoy arts and crafts? Share your passion by facilitating group sessions.
- Receptionist: If you’d like to develop your skills in reception and admin, this role could be for you! You will answer the phone, welcome visitors, support admin staff and tutors as well as keeping the reception area tidy.
- Fundraiser: help us to carry on supporting new arrivals to the city through fundraising / sponsorship
- User support: helping individuals with day to day queries e.g. housing, form filling, accessing benefits, directions
Digital Media Centre
- Business support officer: help people become self employed and start up their own business – previous experience required
- Website Volunteer: build up your CV and portfolio by helping local people set up websites for their community groups and business – previous experience required
- Photography Volunteer: build up your CV and portfolio by taking photographs at community events and for local people – previous experience required
- Film Volunteer: build up your CV and portfolio by making films for Learn for Life Enterprise – previous experience required